Monday, October 5, 2009

P.S.

I did manage to drink only water at the 70th on the weekend so that was fantastic and no hangover either - was just the supper where I went a little crazy! Oh well could easily have been both and I have to remember - it took me nearly 40 years to get to this size so it aint gonna fall off overnight! Was looking back through some old stuff yesterday and in 2001 I was around 156kg and obviously thought I had a problem then as it was an old WW thing I was looking at! Also stopped smoking about 4 years ago so all in all have piled on 30+ kgs in past 8 years. SCARY!
Right might go have a look at this excercyle I dragged out of the garage on the weekend and see if I can get it going - be better for me than sitting here rabbiting on I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there

    Just popped over from the WW messageboards to check out your blog. Had to sign up for a Google Account so I could say hi. Next thing you know I'll be into the blogging as well.

    Anyway, that's not what I called in to say...what I wanted to say was that I think you are doing so, so, so very well. You have made a decision and started on a plan that will (with reference to your blog title) save your life.

    Already you have clearly made lots of great choices and you obviously did an awesome job with the 70th too.

    There will always be slip-ups (believe me, I know, at 42 I have been struggling with this since I was a teenager) and setbacks, but the thing to do is not to let those affect your next choice and the one after that (something I am much better at giving advice about than doing by the way).

    So, anyway, I hope you did get the exercycle out, and set it up somewhere warm.

    Keep up the good work and have a great day.

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there and thanks for your encouragement and words of wisdom. You are so right about not letting the slip ups affect your next choice. I'm back on track today and feeling a bit more positive than I was earlier so that is great! And yes I have got the excercycle out and under way lol

    ReplyDelete