Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Struggling (again)

Gosh just read last post and was sounding so positive - where did that go and how do I find it again??? Then I had 700g to go to reach 15kg - now - hmmm ... put on 600 last week so then I had 1.5 to get to -15kg, now with WI looming tomorrow night I'm pretty sure I'm heading in the wrong direction again!
So far today has been a good one points wise but the rest of the week has been pretty much crap!
Was feeling gutted after my gain on Thurs night and not quite sure why as I had been good and even done more exercise than usual. Next morning I woke up with my period and figured that explained it so all good so far.
Had bought myself some naughty treats after weigh in with the intention of getting back on track Fri but couldn't eat all I'd bought so it was still hanging around Fri (there goes that day), Sat was pretty good I think, Sun wasn't too bad either, Mon started off well and then fell apart once I got home from work (didn't even track so God only knows what I ate exactly), yesterday I didn't track at all so obviously that wasn't great either, and today so far so good.
Also no exercise since last Thurs aqua class and bugger all water some days so I'm thinking tomorrow nights results are not going to be great :-( Usually I track everything, drink at least 3 pump bottles of water and exercise a minimum of twice a week).
Am really pissed off with myself but it's all a bit late for that isn't it! I noticed last month at TTOTM I was a bit the same (or am I just using it as an excuse)??? Have been feeling really blah the past week though - fat, bloated, pimply, hair greasy, lethargic, moody, tearful ... oh the joys of being a woman huh.
Anyway enough of this self pity bull*#@t - time to sort it out and get it together again. I have discovered (funnily enough) that sometimes just writing it all down and getting it out there actually does help! Am feeling better about things already! I so need to write in here a lot more often than I do. Also posted on WW message boards this morning too - very supportive bunch of people there!
Am enjoying a lovely point friendly treat of a punnet of strawberries while I type this. Honestly with food this delicious who needs all that other fattening rubbish??? Also had really nice lunch of prawn, sweet chilli and rice wraps and was only 3 1/2 points mmm mmm.
Ok going to go do some paper work now and then think I will put on the new walking shoes and get out in the fresh air for a bit (and do some exercise at the same time lol) TNT (which will be sooner rather than later)!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! It's hard when you lose your motivation, and I know from experience that the mere occurrence of having a gain can be enough to lose it. But you can do it. Even if you have a gain tomorrow night (you won't), it's just a matter of getting back on the proverbial horse and getting back to it. Right?

    I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyns,

    I value your honesty - life is never easy and losing weight is the hardest thing many of us will ever battle.
    Keep posting on the kiwi roll call as you know we are all fighting our own battles in the greater war against fat.

    Here is my chicken orzo recipe you asked about, I posted on the roll call thread too but just in case you don't see it...

    1 cup dry orzo (also known as risoni)
    1 large tin chop chop chicken (spring water)
    1 cup shredded lettuce
    1 carrot, grated
    cucumber (1/4 chopped up)
    1 onion, dry fried until soft
    1 capsicum chopped

    I cook the orzo and rinse it with cold water to cool it down an then add it to a bowl with the chicken and salad ingredients. You can add any salad ingredients you like I suppose.

    Total 10 points, 4 serves at 2.5points each.

    Enjoy,

    Ally Bally Bee (Alison)

    ReplyDelete