Saturday, September 26, 2009

First slip up :-(

Today I had my 9 year old godson and we went to KFC (his choice for his birthday) but I was good and had a chicken fillet salad, then to the pools where we floundered around and chased one another in the water for a couple of hours (good excercise)! So all sounds great ay? Then I take him home and his Mum had put on a bit of a spread for him and not a healthy choice in sight, so what did I do? I ate savouries and sausage rolls and cheerios and chippies and then topped it all off with a piece of birthday cake! Damn it all I am dissapointed with myself :-( but then on the bright side I'm thinking ok it was bad but I didn't totally lose it like I have in the past and am already thinking back on track tomorrow and ... I'm on here telling you guys about it instead of eating!Wow that was a big, long blow out, but I do feel better now I've got it off my chest!
Yesterday I signed up for 12 months membership at the pools where I go swimming, which gives me unlimited access to all the facilities in the complex - pools, GYM!!!, aqua aerobic classes etc as I can fit in! I'm scared of the gym but am so gonna do it and after todays slip up perhaps I'd better start tomorrow! Oh well onwards and upwards - or in this case downwards lol.
P.S. Can't work out how to reply to anyone's comments on here so I'm not ignoring you and do appreciate the support. I think I have to sign up to something to be able to comment? If anyone knows how this works please let me know. Ta. TNT xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cynsbabe

    Don't stress about it--it's only food! One little blow out won't make too much difference, it's when we use that mentality "Oh well, I've really blown it now, so I might as well keep going". Part of my success THIS time around has definitely trying to break the boom or bust mentality of dieting. This is a lifestyle, not a diet, so it's not about being perfect so that we can get back to how we used to eat, because that can't happen if we want to be a healthy weight. Tell yourself, I ate the wrong thing, but it's only food, it can't control me, and get on with it!! Best wishes!!

    PS to reply to someone on your blog, just type into the post comment screen. If you want to go to anyone else's blog, just click on their thumbrint under followers and if they have a blog it will take you there. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, and thanks for your words of wisdom and the encouragement. Yeah I got over it and have had a great day today - didn't make it to the gym (mainly due to running out of time) but did go for a walk this morning and have stuck to my points today so all is good. Back on track again phew! And yes you are right the old mentality has aleays been 'I've blown it now so what the hell..' but not this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for telling me how to post a comment, I did it lol

    ReplyDelete