Saturday, March 13, 2010

Well, last time I posted I was excited to be almost at -20kg.
Am pleased to report that that has long since gone for good and now I'm heading towards -30kg. The week before last I was only 300gms from there but after a huge unexpected gain last week I've unfortunately slid back in the other direction (temporarily I might add)!
Since last posting there's been lots going on in my life including my Dad being diagnosed with cancer which sent me into a spin for a bit. (I lost my Mum to cancer in 2000 and while Dad's is supposedly not terminal it still brought up a whole heap of stuff for me that I thought was long since dealt with). Add to that a teenage son who's been unstable and unsettled and me starting a new job - which 8 weeks in I'm really not liking all that much, life has been a little stressful at times shall we say!
Anyway, somehow, despite all this I have managed to stay reasonably focused on the whole weight loss thing and most of the time the scales have been heading in the right direction.
Since my gain last week I have gone a little (actually lots to be honest) off the rails. I wasn't expecting a gain and didn't feel it was deserved which sent me off into a spin where I just seemed to be thinking "F**K it! What's the point?" So after a terrible few days that will probably result in another (but this time oh so deserved) gain, I have decided that once again it is time to pick myself up and move on!
Starting tomorrow (I would say right now but I already have the roast pork with crackling in the oven for dinner and god damn I'm gonna enjoy it)! So tomorrow morning from the moment my eyes are open the new and improved attitude is in place and all systems are go again!
My initial goal was 150kg which at the start was 39.7 kg away. It's now only 11.2 (if my maths is right) anyway it's looking like a definitely do-able thing. Add another 300g to that and I'll have lost 40kg and I WILL be there by my 40th which is in July.
Look out world here I come!
Ok well I wont bore you all to tears and will leave it there as I head off to do some much overdue housework.
Take care everyone. TNT,
Cyndi xoxo

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Good for you! I'm coming up (slowly) to the 20kgs mark. I've had my second gain this week and it pissed me off because it was small and like you said, undeserved.

    Keep going lady...you're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy
    Keep up the great work and remember to keep you eye on the prize. At your 40th you want to be able to stand tall and proud - so just keeping taking each day as it comes.
    You can do it - you have already proven that.

    ReplyDelete